Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Garden Hopes

I have so many great plans for my garden this year. I haven't been able to garden other years because I did not have the space for it. This year, however, I will. We will be closing on our new house Monday, and I am anxious to get started. We won't be able to move in right away since it needs some work, but nothing is stopping me from plowing up the earth! What better for my family than fresh, chemical-free veggies straight from our own backyard! Here is a list of what I would like to plant:

I am a little nervous about getting this stuff planted in time, but I'm hoping for the best...
Spring Harvest:
Cabbage, asparagus, plant strawberries(to harvest later), cilantro, carrot, radish, chives, scallions, german chamomile, bok choy, sugar snap peas, shelling peas, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, and chard

Summer:
tomatoes, bell pepper, eggplant, melon, basil, potatoes, mint, lavender, green beans, zuchini, butternut squash, and acorn squash

The plan is for my husband to make me 3 4X8 raised beds, and to have 3 more 4X8 beds on the ground. We will see if things pan out like I hope. Maybe next weekend I can plow up some dirt!

5 comments:

  1. WOW! Very ambitious! I guess you'll have to learn to can all the extra? You will be eating great all year long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so! I plan to freeze a bunch of stuff and eat the rest! Here's to hoping it all gets planted and grows good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's sounds like a dream garden. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I am so happy for you! Is your new house close to your old or are you branching out into a new neighborhood? I can't wait to read more about your gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What state do you live in? It sounds like a great variety of yummy stuff.
    Congrats on the house. Hearing what we hear is going on in the housing market in the US, I hope you got a great deal!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, so if you are reading this, say hi!