Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Cheddar Cheese Crackers


We love crackers as a snack at our house. It seems like we go through them so fast! Since I'm trying to make more stuff from scratch, I searched and found a recipe for crackers online. Which I then tried, and of course changed. Here's how we like our homemade Cheddar Cheese Crackers:
1 stick of butter softened (and if you are doing in a food processor like me, cut into chunks)
1 c cheddar cheese
1 c mozzerella cheese
1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 t salt
sprinkle in a little garlic and onion powder, and if you like a touch of cayenne pepper
preheat oven to 350
put in food processor (or blender)
add a sprinkle of water if necessary to dough, shape into balls and plop on baking stone or cookie sheet (you can take the time to roll them flat and cut with a pizza cutter, but I'm all about the convenience)
bake 10-ish minutes
Eat them nice and hot out of the oven. They are okay cold, but most of them don't make it that far at my house!

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy. Have you ever looked at Scribbit's blogsite? Great craft and recipes, mixed in with family stories. It's at scribbit.blogspot.com And ... every Saturday she has free giveaways that are often family oriented. And she never spams. Honest. I have entered dozens of times, but never won. Not even a spam entry!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, so if you are reading this, say hi!