Sunday, December 21, 2008

Chilipuca




We sometimes refer to our daughter as Chilipuca (pronouced Chee-lee-pooh-kah). Chilipuca in El Salvador means bean, or so Papi tells me...I'm not sure if it's just a regional word, or a slang, but you won't find it in the dictionary. I don't know what our daughter has in common with a bean, but the word sounded fun to me, so it stuck. Most times now we call her Chili for short. Since I decided not to use names in our blog, she will be referred to here as Chili. Chilipuca, kind of a fun word, don't you think? Can you say it five times fast?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on starting a blog. Check ours out-the address is http://joecamillechamberlin.blogspot.com
    Camille Caverhill Chamberlin

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, so if you are reading this, say hi!