Friday, April 17, 2009

The Best Cookbook EVER!

A friend just recently recommended the cookbook How to Cook Everything by Mark Bittman, so I got it. I LOVE IT! This is my kind of cookbook. Everything you need to know to make stuff from scratch at home. So many good recipes that I don't know where to start! I love what he says in the intro under the heading "What's Convenient?":
"Contemporary marketing has convinced many people the "convenience" food is not only quicker than home cooking but better and cheaper. In fact, it's worse, and more expensive, and only marginally faster. (Fully half the recipes in this book can be prepared in less than 30 minutes.)"
Woo-hoo! I am all for the less than 30 minutes part. I recommend this book to anyone who has ever wondered "What's for dinner?"

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you posted this! I had been looking at this book but wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the money on it. I'm in search of a cookbook with simple, fast and non-pretentious meals.
    You've convinced me this is the one! :)
    I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sounds like a great book! I'm going to put it on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got a cookbook about making homemade quicker too. I'll have to check out your recommended cookbook. I'd like to go back to Honduras with one or two new good cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, so if you are reading this, say hi!