Monday, September 14, 2009

Becoming the Person I Want to Be

I have been thinking about this topic for awhile now. Am I going in the direction I want to go? I heard a guy say once, that you are going to become the person you are becoming now...in other words, if you want to do something, take steps to make it happen. So the next question for myself, am I in the process of becoming the person that I want to be?

Well...

*To develop my creativity through craft projects. Being able to create for my family and friends with love.
My last project was some living room curtains that I worked on together with my sister-in-law, and my next project will be a present for a baby.

*To learn more about gardening, and expand my garden to include fruits. To be able to store the produce in various ways.
Finishing my first season of gardening, and have plenty of zucchini and tomatoes in the freezer. I also have tons of squash that will last for awhile.

*To reduce waste by consuming less, purchasing products with less waste, and starting a compost pile.
Trying to buy used instead of new, repurpose things to make others(my apron project, and bought some used fabrics to reuse). Pondering a worm bin.

*To expand my cooking abilities and have nourishing food ready for my family when they are hungry.
Tried making zucchini cookies for the first time last week. This week, not sure yet.

*To parent with compassion and patience. To try to see things from my child's point of view, to guide and educate her with love.
I'm trying, but I still feel like there are times where I could have handled a situation better. I need to remember to stop, breathe, and practice patience.

*To encourage and support my spouse. To try to see things from his point of view, to be patient and communicate effectively.
Need to work on the being patient and communicating better.

*To maintain my household organized: bills, papers, clean-up, etc.
Right now this place is still a mess post move. Although I do feel that it has gotten better, there is still so much more to do.

So maybe I am on my way to becoming the person I want to be...it's good to sit down and look at what I have done, and what I still need to do. What about you? Are you on your way to becoming who you want to be?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind words on my blog. I really love this post - it's so important to do the things that feed our soul. I blogs are a great way to put your intentions out into the world and a list like this is fantastic at helping you on your journey to becoming the person you want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Carla.

    And as someone who knows you, I'd say you are well on your way. It seems to me that you live these goals everyday, and though I agree that there is always room to grow, YOU ARE DOING IT!

    PS, the cookies look delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments, so if you are reading this, say hi!